Last Updated on May 29, 2021 by admin
Buying the best home exercise equipment is crucial if you plan to switch to a healthy, and active lifestyle. As a workout beginner, you may find it pretty challenging to choose the right equipment from many options available in today’s fitness market.
That said, for reference and a better understanding, this Q&A covers the 2021 best home exercise equipment for weight loss, are exercise equipment covered by FSA, can you write off fitness expenses, the 5 biggest beginner workout mistakes, and what to do with unwanted fitness equipment.
Q: What is exercise equipment?
Any tool or system that helps you engage in physical exercises can be put in the category of exercise equipment. They can provide fixed or customizable amounts of resistance.
Q: Why do we need exercise equipment?
Proper gym equipment is designed to avoid potential injuries users may experience during their exercises. They can put the necessary control on the path of motion while matching the required amount of force and thereby strengthen the muscles. In a nutshell, exercise equipment gives the body a more efficient and safer workout.
Q: Is exercise equipment covered by FSA?
Yes. You can reimburse expenses on exercise equipment from FSA (Flexible Spending Account) as long as it complies with the Letter of Medical Necessity (LMN). Simply put, the equipment that can support you to overcome a specific health condition can be covered under FSA.
Q: Can exercise equipment be a business expense?
No. However, if you use that equipment primarily or exclusively for a revenue-generating operation, you can consider it a business expense.
Q: Can you write off fitness expenses?
Indeed, you cannot deduct expenses like gym memberships for employees. However, if you own an office gym, you can write off those expenses as fitness expenses.
Q: What exercise equipment burns the most calories?
Air Bike is the best exercise equipment to burn the greatest number of calories. With this equipment, you can burn between 20 to 30 calories per minute. That means, on average, an Air Bike can burn 300 calories within 20 minutes.
Q: Which exercise equipment is best for bad knees?
Treadmills are the best for bad knees because they prevent harsh impact on knees you would otherwise experience when walking outdoors. This is distinctively useful for those who already have knee pains and strains.
Q: Which exercise equipment is best for belly fat?
Treadmills are considered to be the best equipment to lose belly fat. It can reduce your calories simply by walking and, more importantly, without putting excessive pressure on your joints. When you run on a treadmill, your entire body gets involved so it can cut down fat deposits, specifically the ones in your stomach region.
Q: What exercise equipment is best for osteoporosis?
Elliptical machines are the best for those who have osteoporosis. They put a minimal amount of pressure on joints such as ankles and knees compared to running and walking.
Q: Which exercise equipment is best for cardio?
Treadmills are the best exercise equipment for cardio exercises. In addition to that, equipment such as rowing machines, stationary bikes, stair climbers, and elliptical trainers show excellent efficiency as cardio exercise equipment.
Q: What exercise equipment is good for sciatica?
You can use a stationary bike or an elliptical machine for sciatica.
Q: How often should you clean gym equipment?
You should clean your gym equipment after each use, even if you work out alone at home. The sweat and moisture on the surfaces on gym equipment can be the perfect medium for bacteria to grow overnight and contribute to various health issues. So, clean every exercise equipment after each use.
Q: Should you wipe down gym equipment?
It is compulsory to wipe down your equipment at the gym before you use them. Think of an exercise bike, for instance; it has almost 80 times more bacteria than a water faucet. Free weights have over 350 times more bacteria compared to a public toilet. If those statistics sound alarming, you should wipe down gym equipment before using them.
Q: How do you disinfect fitness equipment?
First, you should buy a good disinfecting solution (preferably a spray) or a disinfecting wipe for cleaning. Obviously, wipes are the most convenient option if you can tolerate their relatively expensive cost. If you use a spray, spray it properly on all the surfaces of the equipment. Then, you should use a microfiber cloth to wipe down the surfaces.
Apart from regular cleaning after each session, it is better to deep-clean once a week using soap and water. Make it a complete cleaning session by using a disinfectant to get rid of viruses and bacteria.
Q: Should I wipe my sweat during exercise?
No. You shouldn’t wipe your sweat unless you are completely drenched. Sweat provides you with natural evaporative cooling. Sweat absorbs energy from the body in the form of heat and releases it into the environment.
Q: Can you get sick from gym equipment?
Yes. There is a risk of getting sick if you use unclean gym equipment, specifically at public gyms. If gym equipment is left uncleaned after use, cultures of viruses and bacteria can grow on the surfaces over time. If you touch those surfaces, those viruses and bacteria can contaminate your hands and make exposes to mild to severe health conditions.
Q: Can you use hydrogen peroxide to clean gym equipment?
No. That is because hydrogen peroxide is a powerful oxidizer that can ruin equipment made out of aluminum, copper, steel, iron, etc. So, even if it is a good disinfectant, it is not suitable for pretty much all the gym equipment.
Q: What is the best exercise equipment for seniors?
The elliptical trainer is the best exercise equipment for seniors. That is because it offers low-impact exercises that don’t put much strain on joints, including ankles and knees. However, this is suitable for those who can stand at least for 15-30 minutes.
Q: What can you do with unwanted exercise equipment?
There are several things you can do with unwanted gym equipment.
- If the equipment still works, you can consider selling them at a reasonable price to another fitness enthusiast.
- If your gym equipment works properly, it can be donated to community centers, senior centers, or even high schools.
- If your equipment is out of order, contact a junk removal company and give it to them.
- Just give them away either by putting them out in the alley or by the curb. If not, you can post it on social media, so those who want them will come and collect it.
Q: How do I dispose of large exercise equipment?
The best way to dispose of large exercise equipment is by contacting a local junk removal company. They will come and take it away for a fee.
Q: What is the best exercise machine for a full-body workout?
Rowing machines. They put a large number of muscles to work and thereby offer an intense full-body workout. So, if you want to tone all the major muscle groups, a rowing machine is the best.
Q: What is the single best full-body exercise?
The “Burpee” is the best full-body exercise that can boost your strength. It helps you burn fat and boost your metabolism very effectively. Mentioned below is how to perform a three-step burpee.
- First, place your hands on the floor. The distance between the hands should be slightly wider than your shoulder width. Place your legs as if you are at the starting point of a push-up.
- Hold this plank for a couple of seconds. You can even add a push-up to add more intensity. Pull your legs forward, so they are placed between your hands. Then, rise back as if you are about to do a squat. Now, your arms should be in front of your body at shoulder height.
- Stand up straight. Repeat the above steps as mentioned below.
- First week: 2 sets of 5 burpees
- Second week: 3 sets of 5 burpees
- Third week: 3 sets of 7 burpees
- Fourth week: 3 sets of 10 burpees
- Fifth week: 3 sets of 12 burpees
You should try this twice a week with 2 days apart.
Q: What is the most effective exercise machine?
The treadmill is the most effective exercise machine you can find as of today.
Q: Is treadmill a full-body workout?
No. The treadmill indeed offers superb cardio exercises. However, it doesn’t use some of the muscles to their full potential. But with a couple of tweaks to the usual routine, you can expect an increased intensity from a treadmill.
Q: Is a home gym worth it?
Yes. That’s a smart investment because a home gym allows you to engage in your workouts without going to the gym.
Q: Do and don’ts in the gym?
- Do wipe your gym equipment once you are done
- Do make use of the squat rack properly
- Do put weights and workout equipment when you are done
- Do chat only when it is appropriate
- Don’t be loud at the gym
- Don’t overuse strong perfumes
- Don’t use your phone while working out
- Don’t drop or throw weights
Q: What are the 5 biggest workout mistakes?
Avoid the following mistakes to yield the best results of your fitness regimen.
- Using the wrong weight
- Following the same routine for more than 4 weeks
- Avoiding warm-ups
- Performing the exercise the wrong way
- Working out alone
Q: What should I eat while working out at the gym?
If your workout session doesn’t exceed an hour, you don’t need to anything. Instead, just sip small amounts of water every now and then. However, if you go on longer sessions, eat 50-100 calories every 30 minutes. Low-fat yogurt, banana, or raisins are ideal for this.
Q: How long should a gym workout be?
The basic guideline is 30 minutes per day, five times a week. However, this amount may vary depending on personal goals.
Q: How long until you see results from working out?
Results of weight loss and muscle gain exercises will take around eight weeks to show up. During that time, your body will slowly transform into a better one. For instance, your body will become straighter, posture will be corrected and your confidence will boost.
Q: What should you do immediately after a workout?
Cooldown your body. Don’t stop exercising suddenly, as it will make you feel lightheaded. Use your treadmill’s cool-down setting to do it. Once you are cooled down, stretch yourself a bit and drink some water to hydrate your body.
Q: What should a beginner do in the gym?
- A 5-minute cardio (inclined, fast-paced walk)
- Resistance training
- HIIT cardio
Q: Is it OK to work out on an empty stomach?
No. If you do, you will have less stamina and low blood sugar levels. That will lead to nauseous, feeling lightheaded, and shaky.
Q: What foods to avoid when working out?
- Flaxseed: they make your stomach bloated and gassy
- Protein bars: most of them are full of calories and very little protein
- Fast food: they have high amounts of fats that take a long time to digest
- Apart from that, avoid dairy, sugar, eggs, and spicy foods when working out.
Q: What drinks help build muscle?
Chocolate milk has high carbohydrate content and moderate amounts of protein to build your muscles. In fact, it can replenish the lost glycogen during workouts.
Q: Can I drink milk after a workout?
Yes. It is a good drink that can help to build your muscles. Also, milk can reduce muscle soreness.
Q: Should I drink during a workout?
Yes. Drink small sips of water intermittently to catch up with the fluid you lose as sweat during workouts.
Q: Can you get a good workout on a Bowflex?
Yes. It is good equipment that can help you build and maintain muscle mass.
Q: Which is better, Bowflex Max trainer or elliptical?
Max Trainer can contribute to burning more calories compared to an elliptical trainer. Also, it can give a better full-body workout. In addition to that, it takes relatively less space.
Q: Can I get ripped with just dumbbells?
Yes. Even the dumbbells alone can help you get ripped. However, you will not notice results overnight. You should engage in exercises consistently and create a calorie deficiency to look ripped.
Q: What weight of dumbbells should I buy?
A set of 3-25lb dumbbells first. Then, you can go for heavier pairs such as 30lb and 40lb. Heavier ones are required for squats and deadlifts.
Q: Do heavier weights make bigger muscles?
Fewer reps with heavy weights can increase your muscle mass. On the other hand, more reps with lighter weights will boost muscle endurance.
Q: What is the best exercise equipment for weight loss?
Please, see the below reviews on the best home gym equipment.
10 Best Home Exercise Equipment for Weight Loss
NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle
NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle brings personal interactive training to your home. It features a 14-inch touchscreen, high-energy workout sessions from top fitness trainers who can remotely adjust your incline and resistance levels for a realistic cycling experience. This commercial studio cycle allows real-time tracking, bike around the globe, with additional studio classes, full-body sculpting, and cross-training options like yoga.
- Bring Home Interactive Personal Training powered by iFIT; 12-month iFIT family membership included; create up to 5 individual exercise profiles; Access live, studio, and global workouts ($396 value)
- 15 inches Interactive HD Touchscreen Display streams live & on-demand iFIT workouts directly to your equipment, provides easy stats tracking; Adjustable display allows for 360-degree screen rotation
- Automatic Trainer Control; -10 to 20 percent LIVE Incline Matching technology; 22 digital resistance levels for complete workout control; iFIT Trainers auto-adjust your resistance and incline
- SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance delivers a smooth, quiet workout with every use; Adjustable leveling feet stabilize your bike; (2) 3 Lb. dumbbells for cross-training on your bike
- 350-pound user weight capacity; Protected with a 10-year frame warranty, 2-year parts warranty, and 1-year labor warranty; 61” H x 22” W x 55.75” L
Sunny Health & Fitness Squat Assist Row-N-Ride Trainer for Glutes
Sunny Health & Fitness Squat Assist Row-N-Ride Trainer for Glutes includes training videos. It is the ideal cardio trainer for strengthening the back, arms, shoulders, and lower body. This trainer burns calories like no other and features a foldable design, 3 adjustable resistance bands, 220 max user weight, and a digital monitor for tracking time, count, calories, and total count.
- The NO. 077 Trainer includes access to an online training video within the package. THE TRAINING VIDEO IS ONLINE ONLY AND WILL NOT INCLUDE A DVD IN THE PACKAGE
- DIGITAL MONITOR: Use the digital monitor to follow your workout progress with the ability to track time, calories, count, and scan.
- ADJUSTABLE RESISTANCE: The three resistance bands can be added or removed to adjust the resistance of your workout to your fitness level. Each band is approximately 22 pounds of resistance.
- ADJUSTABLE SQUAT DEPTH: Adjust the saddle angle to 30, 60, or 90 degrees to add depth to your squat and variety to your workout program.
- VERSATILE HANDLEBARS: Take advantage of multiple hand positions to work muscles in your back and chest. Adjust the machine to your body length with the handle and saddle distance control, to ensure proper form with every squat.
Teeter FreeStep Recumbent Cross Trainer and Elliptical Machine
Teeter FreeStep Recumbent Cross Trainer and Elliptical Machine is the ideal choice for all fitness levels. It is free from joint pain, reduces muscle fatigue, burns more calories, will deliver a full-body workout, and lets you exercise stress-free. The adjustable design will perfectly fit any varying position and intensity. Teeter recumbent cross trainer is the most affordable, in-home physical therapy solution.
- ZERO IMPACT EXERCISE: Ideal for all fitness levels. The comfortable and naturally-reclined seated position reduces body fatigue and eliminates the stress on the joints and back while still delivering a full fat-burning cardio workout. Designed to help those with Arthritis, Parkinson's or MS stay active.
- WHISPER-QUIET, FLUID STRIDE: The unique striding motion protects your knees and joints while engaging near-silent variable magnetic resistance that adjusts with one simple dial.
- TOTAL BODY WORKOUT: Dual power motion works your upper and lower body simultaneously, engaging all major muscle groups to build strength and burn more calories. Modify the workout by isolating your legs or arms for added intensity.
- SMART DESIGN: Track progress with the easy-to-read, battery-powered digital console; device stand and water bottle holder; convenient transport wheels.
- COMMERCIAL-GRADE ENGINEERING: Friction-free linkage system means long-lasting use; 54" x 38" footprint is a low profile addition to your home.
NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill
NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill is super impressive, very interactive, and the go-to cardio trainer for a fitness enthusiast. It is very reliable, powered by iFit; with 12-month iFit family membership included. The T series boasts of a 10-inch interactive touchscreen, multiple user equipment, 16,000 on-demand studio workout, endless training options, world-class trainers, inclines, and a host of new daily routines.
- Bring Home Interactive Personal Training powered by iFit; 12-month iFit family membership included; create up to 5 individual exercise profiles; Access live, studio, and global workouts
- Immersive 10-inch interactive HD touchscreen streams on-demand iFit workouts directly to your equipment and provides easy stats tracking; Smart-Response motor for effective running and cardio training
- 10 % OneTouch incline control; 10 MPH smart OneTouch speed control; Your iFit Trainer auto-adjusts your smart treadmill’s speed and incline for a fully-optimized workout that meets your goals. 0%-10% incline range
- Innovative SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist means your treadmill can fold up after your run for compact, simple storage; 20” x 50” tread deck offers plenty of leg and elbow space while you run
- 300-pound weight limit; 54” H x 36” W x 73.5” L
Bowflex Home Gym Series
Bowflex Home Gym Series features 25 plus exercises, 210 lbs power rod resistance, and it is the ideal package for a full-body workout. It includes aerobic rowing, squat bar, leg extension curl, bench press, media rack, and lets you build total-body strength.
- 25+ exercises that cover the entire body
- Over 200 pounds of Power Rod resistance
- Bench converts to a rolling seat for aerobic rowing
- Built-in media rack
- Multiple cable pulley positions allow you to easily change the angle of resistance and increase effectiveness of many exercises
Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Rowing Machine
Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Rowing Machine delivers a smoother and quieter magnetic tension ride. It is for full-body exercise and will target all muscle groups. This rowing machine features a 250 lbs max user weight, fully padded seat, non-slip handlebars, 8 levels of adjustable resistance, and an LCD monitor that tracks calories, time, count, scan, and total count.
- DIGITAL MONITOR: The large LCD console displays time, count, calories, total count, and scan. The convenient scan mode displays your progress to assist you in tracking all your fitness goals.
- EXTRA LONG SLIDE RAIL: At 48 inches in slide rail length, and 44 inches in inseam length, the SF-RW5515 can accommodate rowers nearly any size.
- ADJUSTABLE MAGNETIC RESISTANCE: With a simple twist, you can increase or decrease the 8 levels of magnetic resistance, so your workout can remain challenging and effective throughout your fitness journey.
- TRANSPORTATION WHEELS: Built-in transportation wheels for easy portability. Simply tilt and roll out for use or away for storage, no need for heavy lifting or muscle strain.
- NON-SLIP FOOT PEDALS: Textured non-slip foot pedals will ensure safe footing during the most demanding and vigorous workouts. Foot straps keep your feet saddled with so you can focus on the workout without feeling unbalanced.
SCHWINN 470 Elliptical Machine
SCHWINN 470 Elliptical Machine includes Bluetooth connectivity for tracking and monitoring progress, a 20″ stride designed to simulate natural running motion, and Explore the World app, which gives you a wide variety of routes and workout destinations.
- Bluetooth connectivity, syncs with the Schwinn Trainer App and other apps for fitness tracking
- Sync with free downloadable Run Social App and run through 19 locations with 27 routes alongside people from all over the world in real time
- 29 workout programs: 12 profile, 9 heart rate control, 4 custom, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start
- 25 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
- Dual Track LCD displays, media shelf, in-console speakers with MP3 input port, USB media charging and adjustable fan
LifePro Waver Vibration Plate Exercise Machine
LifePro Waver Vibration Plate Exercise Machine is low impact, high efficiency, and the vibration lets you activate all your muscle fibers at the comfort of your home. Included are a video library, 99 adjustable speed, remote access, loop bands, anti-slip rubber, stabilizing suction, and a max user weight of 330 lbs.
- BUILD MUSCLE. IMPROVE YOUR FITNESS & FLEXIBILITY - No matter who you are you deserve to feel great and have a healthy lean physique. Jump on your fitness platform to instantly begin sculpting the body and booty of your dreams! The Waver creates a full-body vibration that stimulates musculature causing extra muscle contraction and increased activation at all stages of your workout!
- LOSE WEIGHT BURN FAT & CELLULITE - The benefits you'll get from your vibration platform go far beyond building muscle - boost your metabolism and improve circulation to burn unwanted fat increase bone density & suppress joint stress levels. In addition to your yoga straps our resistance bands make the perfect at-home gym cardio bundle to tone and strengthen your upper and lower body.
- UNIQUE DESIGN. USER-FRIENDLY DISPLAY. MULTI-SPEED. With a wide range of speed settings from 1 to 99 you can maximize your workouts regardless of your ability level. For your convenience wheels are attached are for easy maneuverability and storage. With our easy to use display screen and remote control you'll get the most efficient results in the shortest amount of time possible.
- SPECIAL BONUSES. ONLINE PROFESSIONAL TRAINER MANUAL & EBOOK - When purchasing our product we at LifePro want you to receive as much value as possible. We have designed our manual to be extremely user-friendly. In addition With each purchase you get instant access to free online workout videos that offer instructions and ideas from professional coaches that will help you along the way to get fit lose weight and recover from injuries.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY. 100% LIFETIME SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. We've PROVEN & TESTED our products for comfort and durability you can enjoy our Vibration Plate and Bands absolutely RISK-FREE. LifePro's mission is to develop premium & safe home exercise equipment to help you lead a healthier & better lifestyle with 100% customer satisfaction.
CAP Barbell 150-Pound Dumbbell Set with Rack
CAP Barbell 150-Pound Dumbbell Set with Rack includes a pair of 5 lbs, 10 lbs, 15lbs, 20 lbs, and 25 lbs coated hex dumbbells and a blue A-frame dumbbell rack to store the weights. The ergonomic shape prevents them from rolling and easy storage, while the cast iron from which they are made off, provides reliable strength. The rubber coatings prevent damage to the equipment or floor.
- SET INCLUDES – A pair of 5-pound, 10-pound, 15-pound, 20-pound, and 25-pound coated hex dumbbells and a blue A-frame dumbbell rack to store the weights. This set ships in multiple boxes
- SPACE-SAVING DESIGN – The A-frame design of this rack maximizes floor space by storing dumbbells in an “A” shape, or vertical fashion. Easily access and store dumbbells. Rubber inserts prevent dumbbells and rack from scratches
- DURABLE & RELIABLE – Customize your home gym with the blue a-frame rack made with steel & finished with durable powder coat. Heads are made from ASTM A48 Class 20 grey iron, joined by a 1018 cold rolled solid steel handle with an extreme durable coating
- VERSATILE – Dumbbells offer the ability to target specific muscle groups or perform a full body workout. Perfect for isolations, functional and HIIT workouts, and strength training routines
- FEATURES – The original hex shaped heads prevent rolling. The comfortable, upgraded medium depth knurling on the handle provides essential grip and security during use. Coating is durable and effective
Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Rear Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike
Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Rear Belt Drives Indoor Cycling Bike is a premium, battery-powered, and very efficient exercise bike with an RPM cadence sensor. It includes a 13-level magnetic resistance system, 4-way adjustable seat and handlebar, floor stabilizers, and a digital display that records time, calories, speed, average speed, max speed, cadence, average cadence, max cadence, distance, and race. This bike will deliver a quiet, responsive, and smooth ride, for your unmatched workout.
- MAGNETIC BELT DRIVE RESISTANCE: The 13-level belt drive magnetic resistance system delivers quick and reliable changes to resistance. The magnetic resistance system provides a smooth responsive ride by increasing the magnetic field resistance over the flywheel. The low maintenance belt drive system results in a virtually silent and stable exercise bike experience.
- DIGITAL DISPLAY: The robust multifunctional digital display records speed, average speed, max speed, cadence/rpm, average cadence, max cadence, distance, calories, race, and time. Measure your cadence using the RPM function on the monitor
- AVERAGE CADENCE AND MAX CADENCE: Monitor your average and max cadence to meet your training goals as you move through the 13 levels belt drive magnetic resistance system. Track and maintain a preferred cadence at a wide range of speeds and resistance changes.
- ERGONOMIC PULSE SENSORS: To ensure that you workout out your specific needs, the SF-B1709 Indoor Cycle Bike comes equipped with ergonomically positioned pulse sensors that transmit your pulse rate to the digital monitor.
- BOTTLE HOLDER: Hydrate with ease during any point of your workout with the convenient drink holder. Proper hydration is critical to optimal performance during long intense rides.