Last Updated on October 5, 2023 by admin
Never miss a leg day, they say, rightly so. Leg Workouts are one of the most popular forms of exercise among athletes for several important reasons. Many, however, at times prioritize upper body exercises over the legs, which, to be straightforwardly put, is a bad decision, and a balance should be struck, a mix of different exercises in which the leg exercises are to be never missed keeping the exceptional cases aside. Leg exercises play a decisive role in an overall body fitness regime to achieve and maintain speed, strength, and stability.
Leg Workout Benefits
Crucial multiple muscle groups are involved during the Leg Workout, which lays the foundations for the overall betterment of the body’s movement in everyday tasks, and is even more so of benefits for athletes and individuals active in sports. A stronger, muscular, healthier lower body reduces the risk of running into an injury and manages chronic health conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, and heart diseases. Stimulation of hormones and strength balance is promoted through many leg exercises, promoting physical and mental well-being. Leg exercises have numerous benefits, including strengthening bones, muscle build-up, enhanced posture, calorie burn, and many general health benefits.
Best Leg Workouts
An impressively effective yet simple exercise to start your journey towards ideal legs and overall body, Reverse Lunge can be easily practiced at home. Stand straight with the hand placed at the hips; now extend one foot backward, bending your knee until it touches the floor while the front knee joint is at a 90-degree angle; hold and repeat with the other leg. It is a great activating exercise involving all groups of lower body muscles. 1-2 sets of 10-12 reps are good to start, with difficult levels added at fixed intervals.
Standing and Seated Hamstring Curls
The hamstrings are the back thigh muscles; the three different types that help you walk, jump and run are strengthened through this exercise. Knees bent and moving heels towards the butt are the critical points in this exercise, and this can be performed while sitting or standing; a resistance band is required, and at times a machine can be used. 1-2 sets of 10-15 reps are recommended. It effectively protects against the risk of injury, reduces pain, and provides stability to the knees.
Back and Front Squat
They are two different kinds but very similar; for Back Squat, the barbell is at the trap, while for the front, it is held at the shoulders. Once a position is set, lower your back area like a squat position, lowering until the thighs become parallel to the floor, hold and then slowly release back. It is a good burning calories workout, focusing on calves, hip muscles connected down the legs, the hamstring muscles, and others also come into play. 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps are a good start. You may start low weight for the safer side.
A common sight at the gym is the Leg Pressers because of the benefits and toning abilities it has. There are many variations, the simplest of which is the machine Leg Press, a beginner’s friendly type for starting; it targets the largest thigh muscle, ‘the gluteus maximus,’ the hamstring muscles, and, the front thigh muscles, ‘the quadriceps.’ The Leg Press machine is loaded with weight pressed upwards using the legs at a 45-degree angle. 2-3s sets of 8-10 reps is an ideal start for beginners who may keep adding difficulty by increasing weights. It is extremely effective in achieving perfect-looking muscular and strong legs.
Popular Leg Workout Equipment
- 6-POSITION ADJUSTABLE BACK PAD – This utility bench has an adjustable back that can be altered to suit your workout...
- HIGH-DENSITY FOAM PADDING– This bench’s top-grade foam paddingallows users to exercise comfortably on the equipment.
- Durable Construction – The Marcy Utility Bench’s powder-coated steel frame provides great resiliency, with a maximum...
- Benefits of Sissy Squat: Sissy squat is the best bodyweight exercise to train your abs, thighs and glutes. Sissy squats...
- Multi-function Home&Commercial Gym Station: This is the one home & Commercial gym workout station you can’t miss,...
- Premium Material for Quality: More than two decades in fitness business, we are veterans to build excellent equipment....
- Premium Workout Equipment: Marcy’s Smith Cage is made of a heavy-duty steel frame reinforced with a durable...
- All-in-One Gym Equipment: This versatile complete body Smith cage combines 3 different types of strength building...
- Multi-functional Smith Machine: Our power cage features a dual-action press arm system that allows you to perform...
- Chest workouts
- Best elliptical machines for home
- Best arm workouts
- Best bicep workouts
- Best back workouts
- Best ab workouts
- Best shoulder workouts