Last Updated on June 9, 2021 by admin
When it comes to essential pieces of equipment for a home gym, nothing quite beats the versatility of an exercise ball.
Capable of a range of impactful exercises, this piece of equipment is perfect for daily workout routines, cost-effective, and has one of the smallest footprints in a home gym setup.
If you’re wondering whether or not you should integrate this essential item into your lineup, we’ll tell you about the different types of exercise balls, their benefits, and how to find the right exercise ball for you.
Types of Exercise Balls
The most basic type is an inflated ball that offers support for your back or chest as you perform pushups, situps, and weight-assisted exercises, among other things. The give in the ball cushions the user from injuries that could occur when performing the same exercise on a hard surface.
Of course, it is capable of moving from side to side and forward and backward. This range of movement makes it ideal for exercises that work the core muscles and emphasize stability over repetition.
As far as the different types go, there is one for every purpose. In terms of those that are used for exercise, there are varying sizes. These are mainly differentiated by weight and use.
Those that are filled with air come in sizes ranging from large to small.
There is even a half-circle option for standing exercises. Again, they are often popular in regimens that emphasize the core muscles and many of the inflated balls reflect this purpose.
In fact, you can even buy a variant that acts as a cushion for your desk chair.
Weighted exercise balls can be used in tandem with the inflated type or by themselves.
The difference between the two is not only the weight but the material that comprises each one.
Weighted balls tend to be out of durable leather or other material while those filled with air are often balloon-like plastic bladders.
So how do you find the right exercise ball for you? It mainly boils down to what you want to use it for in your home gym.
Stability Exercises for Beginners
Stability exercises with the exercise ball and those that work core muscles tend to be the most popular. We’ll give you a rundown of a few of the most basic exercises to give you some idea of whether or not this will work for you.
The basics of this exercise are simple: Lie on your back with your palms on the floor and with your heels propped up on the exercise ball. Bring the ball in towards your stomach then roll it back until your legs are outstretched.
You can also use this piece of equipment for a squat. Place the ball between your back and the wall and squat, moving slowly and keeping the ball rolling along with you. This slower variant of the standard squat, again, really focuses on core muscles and allows you to take advantage of your body’s natural motions to build strength.
Like the hamstring curl but in reverse, lie down on the floor with your lower legs propped up on the ball and do a standard pushup.
10 Best Exercise Balls of 2021
Trideer Exercise Ball
Trideer exercise ball for yoga, stability, balance, desk chair, physical therapy, and pregnancy are very durable, versatile, extra thick, non-slip, and with strict material selection. The ball can resist up to 2200 lbs of weight and arrives with a 12-month warranty.
- EXTRA THICK AND ANTI-BURST: one of the highest density exercise balls in the market. 2000 micrometers in thickness and can resist up to 2200 lbs.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL AND ANTI-SLIP: Professional quality with non-toxic PVC material, free of BPA & heavy metals
- EASY TO INFLATE AND PERFECT PACKAGE: Save time and energy with the quick inflation foot pump included in the convenient box. Also comes with 2 more air stoppers and instructions
- VERSATILE USE: Not only great for pilates, yoga, back and abdominal training and pregnancy gymnastics or the hundreds of low impact exercises, but also can be used as office ball chair to improve your posture & relieve back pain. Available in 5 sizes.
- 30-DAY NO HASSLE RETURNS & 12 MONTHS WARRANTY & LIFETIME CUSTOMER SERVICE
URBNFit Exercise Ball
URBNFit exercise ball is the perfect trainer for strengthening the core, abdominals, and lower back muscles. It is very durable, tough, non-slip, allows hard grip, and is suitable for use with pilates, yoga, or balance, or general strengthening exercises.
- ANTI-BURST - Built with high-quality PVC material, the anti-burst yoga ball can handle the most rigorous workouts up to 600 lbs of weight without you needing to ever worry about the mechanism bursting or the balance ball losing its shape.
- ANTI-SLIP - The surface of this piece of gym equipment for your home is coated in a non-slip glaze that will ensure you have a proper and safe grip when using it to get fit, relieve back pain, or to soothe aches during pregnancy as a birthing ball.
- TOTAL FITNESS - Excellent stability ball for pilates and physical therapy. It is a wonderful aid for expectant mothers when used as a birth ball. Beyond those functions, it can help improve posture and core strength as an exercise ball chair.
- FAST SETUP - The fitness equipment for home gym has a quick, dual action ball pump to easily inflate by hand. Your workout ball is delivered deflated and can be pumped up in minutes with minimal effort.
- GET FIT - Whether using it as a pregnancy ball, yoga ball chair, or to stretch before some HIIT cardio, this heavy duty ball comes with a workout guide to help get you fit.
BalanceFrom Exercise Ball
BalanceFrom exercise ball is anti-slip and anti-burst resistant, with a 2000 lbs max user weight. It is safe to use, durable, tough and includes a 2-year warranty, foot pump, remover, plug, and a measuring tape.
- Anti-burst - made with thick and durable materials. We put your safety as a top priority during manufacturing. Rated up to 2, 000 pounds
- Slip resistant - commercial grade material provides an excellent slip resistant experience while caring for your safety
- Easy to clean - our fitness ball is easy to clean with just a soft damp cloth. Most important, Our fitness ball is phthalates free and doesn't contain any heavy metal elements
- Extras - a free foot-pump is included! Size options - 38-45cm (S), 48-55cm (M), 58-65cm (L), 68-75cm (XL), 78-85cm (XXL)
GalSports Exercise Ball
GalSports exercise ball is super durable, safe, and SGS certified. The ball is slip and burst resistant and designed with eco-friendly, professional-grade PVC materials.
- 100%SAFE & NON-TOXIC: Made from professional grade PVC materials that are eco-friendly ,nontoxic, BPA, Latex, heavy metal and phthalate free and certified by SGS. Safety is our top priority so our products are acutely tested, with your health and safety in mind. Our birth ball will not produce harmful smell and is safe for human especially pregnant women.
- ANTI-BURST & DURABLE: Our birth ball adopt a kind of professional honeycomb structure and can support up to 600 lbs which ensures your safety when you push yourself to the limit. It doesn¡¯t explode suddenly when punctured by sharp things on the floor but deflates slowly which will protect you from injury.
- SLIP-RESISTANT: The PVC body has a matte surface and you can do exercise without slipping. Safe for pregnant mothers.
- BEST GIFT FOR PREGNANT LADIES: Relax common pregnancy aches in the lower back and shoulders, ease your hemorrhoid pain and your muscle, build the strength back up in your core and increase your pushing power in labor during pregnancy. After pregnancy, you can use it to exercise to lose weight and can play with your baby to enjoy happy parent-child time.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Your 100% satisfaction is our goal. We provide you with 30 days worry-free money back guarantee and a 12-month quality warranty. Please contact us anytime if you have any doubt!
TRX Exercise Ball
TRX exercise ball features an easy-grip textured surface, durable rubber shell, and includes multiple weight options. It includes free delivery and returns and is the perfect slam ball workout for explosive power, strength, and cardio training.
- Made in United States
- Product type : RECREATION BALL
- Package Dimensions : 31.8 cm x 31.8 cm x 32.5 cm
- Package Weight : 19.028 kg
Amazon Basics Exercise Ball
Amazon Basics exercise ball is a medicine ball with multiple weight options. It is very rigid, durable, allows strong grip, and will help develop core strength, balance, and coordination.
- 12-pound weighted medicine ball for upper, lower and full body exercises
- Ideal for classic medicine ball workouts; ball toss, weighted twists, squats, sit ups and more
- Helps develop core strength, balance, and coordination
- Sturdy, firm rubber construction; can bounce off hard surfaces (Note: for slam ball workouts, search Amazon Basics Slam Ball)
- Lightly textured surface provides a superior grip; weighted ball is ready to use right out of the box
URBNFit Balance Trainer Stability Half Ball
URBNFit balance trainer stability half ball includes a pump, resistance bands, and a workout guide. It is safe, slip-resistant, durable, and the ideal fit for improving core, ab strength, and a full-body workout.
- A Complete Workout: Designed to be used on both sides, this balance trainer is great for coordination exercises, push steps, squats, lunges, crunches, and even burpees.
- Safety First: No more Humpty Dumpty-esque falls. Our half ball features slip-resistant material for added stability during your workout routine.
- Portable: From rehab offices, to gyms, to even your home, these balance trainers make exercising hassle-free, wherever life takes you.
- Bonus Equipment: Our stability ball also comes with a downloadable workout guide, a pump for easy inflation, and clip-on resistance bands for muscle toning.
- Gift Ready: Celebrate your fitness buff friends on their special day and surprise them with the URBNFit exercise ball, an excellent add-on to any sweat session.
DYNAPRO Exercise Ball
DYNAPRO exercise ball is eco-friendly, anti-burst, heavy-duty, and slip-resistant. It includes multiple size options and helps in muscle building, core, flexibility, and lower body gains.
- BUILT TO LAST: Get a quick start on optimizing your health. Every box we ship contains an Exercise Ball that inflates using the hand pump that goes with it. Within minutes, you can use it as a stability ball in any kind of fitness training such as yoga or Pilates, or as a desk chair to correct your posture and support your back when you work.
- MADE FROM 100% RECYCLED MATERIAL: Our stability balls have a superior anti-burst material with a thickness of 2275 micrometers which delivers a greater degree of resistance to sharp objects on the floor or on your clothing that may come in contact with the ball.
- HEAVY DUTY ANTI-BURST RATING CAN MATCH ANY HEAVYWEIGHT: Our Exercise Ball is manufactured using gym quality standards. When used properly, it can carry the stress of heavy loads up to 2200 lbs without popping to prevent you from being injured. Excess loads above this weight will cause the ball to deflate slowly to ensure your safety.
- NON-SLIP RIBBED BODY STAYS PUT WITH SKIN CONTACT: The PVC body has a matte surface with horizontal ribs contoured all around it -- making it easy to hold without slipping while tossing, bouncing or squeezing the ball even with profuse sweat.
- FOUR SIZE OPTIONS FOR YOUR COMFORT AND SAFETY: 45cm, 55cm, 65cm, 75cm Not sure which is the right size for you? Our size guide helps you determine which size Exercise Ball best matches your intended use based on your body height if used for exercise, and the desk height if used as a chair.
Body Pilates Exercise Ball
Body Pilates exercise ball includes a workout guide, fast pump, and multiple color options. It is slip and burst resistant, made of high-quality PVC materials, and the ideal fit for yoga, balance, birthing/pregnancy, and stability exercises.
- ANTI BURST AND SLIP RESISTANT - Heavy duty thick PVC design able to withstand the most punishing workouts and training programs. Tough Non rubber PVC swiss ball that is considered antiburst up to 2000 lbs.
- HIGH-QUALITY PROFESSIONAL MATERIAL - Made from soft low-odor PVC material that is free of common harmful phthalates or other toxic additives.
- SETUP QUICKLY AND START WITH INCLUDED EXERCISES AND QUICK PUMP - The small physioball is inflated in minutes with minimal effort. Get focused on your thighs, butt, abs, pelvic floor, and other specific muscle targets immediately.
- VERSATILE GYM EQUIPMENT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY PHYSICAL THERAPISTS - Exercize balls are perfect to increase abdominal strength and flexibility. Not only for crossfit, but also good for active sitting as a yoga ball chair in a home office or seating in a classroom. Besides being used as a workout ball, can also be used as a birthing or pregnancy ball.
- WE STAND BEHIND OUR PRODUCTS - Made to be burst resistant. Should our gear burst or leak we will gladly refund you for the life of the inflatable ball.
BABYGO Birthing Ball
BABYGO birthing ball helps in minimizing pains, aches, and will improve sleep. It is eco-friendly, burst resistant, durable, and includes 1 pump, and a 100-page pregnancy book.
- 💗 PREGNANT LADIES BE INSPIRED! Kick start your healthier pregnancy today with the BABYGO birthing ball! Research by the leading experts continues to find the unbelievable benefits for you and your baby before, during and after pregnancy.
- 📚 BABYGO PREGNANCY BOOK INCLUDED (100 PAGES+) - Simple Ways to Make a Positive Difference. Replenish and refuel, our 7 part book is dedicated to all 3 trimesters (Includes 35+ trimester specific exercises), nutrition, labor and postpartum recovery too. Relax, exercise and bond with your baby!
- 🤰 MINIMISE ACHES, REDUCE PAINS & IMPROVE SLEEP! Use your BABYGO birthing ball in any trimester & feel the benefits. Protect your pelvis & stabilize your spine. Use the ball to encourage proper posture, improve stability & relieve tension in muscles! Ease sciatica, pelvic girdle pain & help SPD. Protect your round ligaments & SI joints.
- 🙌 EXERCISE MADE FUN and EASY! BOOST YOUR ENERGY, BUILD YOUR STRENGTH and HELP YOUR BABY! Use your ball in the comfort of your own home, take it to work, get your partner involved! Whether it be simple sitting and leaning positions or exercise a little more intense, include the ball in your routine and help your baby into the best foetal position when contractions begin!
- ⏳ ENHANCED LABOR EXPERIENCE! Studies show that regular exercise can reduce labor complications and minimise the potential health risks to you and your baby. Significantly shortening your time in labor!